All about Invisalign
At True Smiles Dental, your premier destination for Invisalign treatment in the heart of Marrickville. Our experienced dental team is committed to helping you achieve the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve with the latest in dental technology and personalized care.
As one of the leading Google Reviewed Marrickville Dentist, True Smiles Dental Marrickville specialises in a range of dental services, including general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and orthodontics. One of our special ties is Invisalign treatment, a revolutionary way to straighten teeth without the use of traditional metal braces.
If you’re looking for a discreet, comfortable, and effective way to achieve the perfect smile, Invisalign may be the right treatment option for you. Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gently shift your teeth into the desired position over time. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible and can be easily removed for eating, drinking, and daily oral hygiene.
In addition to our state-of-the-art dental technology and personalized care, we are committed to providing a comfortable and relaxing dental experience for every patient. From the moment you step into our modern and inviting dental office, you’ll feel at ease knowing that you’re in good hands with our friendly and professional dental team.
In this blog post, we’ll take you through the process of getting Invisalign, what is involved, how it works, what is required for retainers, and how long it takes. So, let’s get started.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aligner system designed to straighten teeth without the use of traditional metal braces. It uses a series of custom-made, removable clear trays that gradually move your teeth into a more desirable position. Invisalign is a popular choice for adults and teenagers alike who want a discreet and comfortable way to achieve that perfect smile.
The Process of Getting Invisalign
At True Smiles Dental Marrickville, we offer a complimentar y consultation to assess your teeth and determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for you. If it is, we will take copies of your teeth which will be then sent to the Invisalign lab. From this, the team of dentist, Specialist Orthodontist, technicians
and Engineers plan your case which will help create a custom treatment plan through a simulation called Clincheck. A Clincheck is an animated simulation that will map out the movement of your teeth throughout the treatment. This will include how many trays and the approximate duration of the treatment.
Once the Clincheck is ready, our team at True Smiles Dental gives you a call to come in to visit your dentist to discuss the case to ensure you’re happy with the result and teeth movement. Once all is OK, we will indicate to Invisalign to initiate the production of where your custom-made aligners will be created.
When they arrive, we will schedule an appointment for you to come in, place attachments and receive your first set of aligners. Attachments are placed on the teeth to allow us to grip the tooth better in order to achieve certain movements. They are tooth coloured fillings which stay on the tooth only for the duration of treatment.
What age is appropriate for Invisalign?
While there is no specific age limit for Invisalign treatment, our dentists typically work with teenagers and adults who have all their permanent teeth. This usually means that Invisalign is appropriate for individuals who are in their late teens or older.
However, Invisalign treatment can be tailored to meet the needs of younger patients as well. In some cases, children as young as 10 or 11 may be eligible for Invisalign treatment, depending on their individual needs which at our complimentary consultation, we would advise and provide a referral to the local Specialist Orthodontist where applicable.
It’s important to note that Invisalign treatment is not suitable for everyone. During your complimentary consultation at True Smiles Dental Marrickville, our experienced dental team will evaluate your dental health including the bone levels and tooth stability to ensure that full treatment can be carried out with very little risks for complications and determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you.
How Invisalign Works
Each set of aligners is designed to move your teeth gradually into the desired position. You’ll wear each set of aligners for around 10 days , up to two weeks, before switching to the next set in the series. Each set of aligners is slightly different, which means your teeth will be moving constantly throughout the treatment. As such, there may be some discomfort that may be experienced throughout the process, however the benefit unlike to braces is that you are able to eat all sorts of foods!
Invisalign aligners are removable, which means you can take them out when you eat or drink, brush and floss your teeth or for special occasions. However, for the best results, we recommend wearing your aligners for at least 22 hours a day.
After each meal, it is recommended that you floss and brush your teeth.
Why Choose Invisalign?
There are several reasons why Invisalign is a popular choice for adults and teenagers who want to
straighten their teeth. Here are just a few:
- Discreet – Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Comfortable – Invisalign aligners are made from a smooth, comfortable plastic that won’t irritate your cheeks or gums like traditional metal braces.
- Removable – Invisalign aligners are removable, which means you can eat and drink whatever you like during treatment.
- Effective – Invisalign has been shown to be an effective way to straighten teeth, with many patients achieving the desired results.
- Custom-made – Invisalign aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth, which means you’ll get the best possible results.
- Easy to clean – Invisalign aligners are easy to clean, and you can use a special cleaning solution to keep them looking and feeling fresh. It is also important that during the process of having Invisalign, maintaining your regular hygiene appointments with our dental professional team is highly recommended to ensure that gum health and teeth are in its most optimal health level so that the results and outcomes are not compromised.
- Improved oral health – Straight teeth are easier to clean, which means you’re less likely to develop gum disease, cavities, and other oral health problems.
- No food restrictions – Unlike traditional braces, there are no food restrictions with Invisalign. You can eat whatever you like during treatment.
- Shorter treatment time – Invisalign treatment typically takes less time than traditional braces, which means you can enjoy your new smile sooner.
After you complete your Invisalign treatment, you will need to wear a retainer to maintain your new smile. A retainer is a custom-made appliance that is designed to hold your teeth in their new positions. It is usually worn at full time for the first 2-3 months then switched to lifelong night-time wear while you sleep.
At True Smiles Dental Marrickville, we offer a range of different retainers to suit your individual needs. We will work with you to determine which type of retainer is best for you
2 most common types of retainers include:
- Clear plastic retainers – These are like Invisalign aligners and are made from clear plastic that is custom-made to fit over your teeth. Our team may place you on Invisalign’s Vivera Retainer System which is a series of 3 trays that are change periodically to allow time for the teeth to settle into their position transitionally.
- Bonded retainers – These are permanent retainers that are attached to the back of your teeth of upper and/or lower front teeth. They are usually made from a thin stainless-steel wire that is cemented in place.
How Long Does Invisalign Treatment Take?
The length of your Invisalign treatment will depend on the severity of your case and your individual needs. In general, Invisalign treatment takes anywhere from 6 to 18 months. However, some cases may take longer.
At True Smiles Dental Marrickville, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful, healthy smile. That’s why we offer Invisalign treatment as a safe, effective, and discreet way to achieve a perfect smile. Our team has treated many patients young and old, and we believe we can find a solution for you also!
If you’re interested in Invisalign treatment, we invite you to schedule a complimentary, obligation-free consultation at True Smiles Dental Marrickville which we will be able to give you a better idea of how long your treatment will take. Our team of friendly and experienced dental professionals will be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for you.
If you’re ready to take the first step towards a healthier, happier smile, contact us today on 02 7728 7272 or book on your website https://truesmilesdental.com.au/appointment/ to schedule your complimentary consultation. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams with Invisalign!